Saturday, February 27, 2010

Menu Plan 2/28-3/6

Image from TakeaBreak

     I'm sorry if some of y'all are getting sick of these menu plans, but this is really the only outlet of domesticity I am getting at this point. I'm wrapping up Butterick 4919, and should have pictures sometime this week.

     I have been super tired the last couple of months, and it got really bad the past couple of weeks. So now I am taking unsulfered blackstrap molasses :gag: every day to increase my iron. It is really helping a lot! Before I started taking it I could have gone to sleep at 3 or so, but I have a lot of energy now. So if you are feeling tired, you might have your iron levels checked!

    Last week's food was pretty good. The spaghetti was the BEST spaghetti E.V.E.R.!!!!!!!! My family thought it was the best spaghetti they had ever had. The bacon and cheese topped chicken was pretty tasty too! The chicken noodle soup was okay. I made homemade noodles that were really good, but the soup was missing something....I'm just not sure what it is yet. The chicken nuggets left a lot to be desired. I think if I had added some extra seasoning and maybe some parmesan cheese to the breading it would have been better.

    Onto the menu: I need 5 meals for this week. I have a bag of rice in the pantry that needs cooked, but I am completely out of meat, so I am starting from square one.
Meats on Sale:
Chuck Pot Roast - $2.17/lb
Sanderson Farms Whole Fryer Chicken - $.77/lb
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - $1.99/lb
Whole chicken is FINALLY on sale! Yippee!!!! (great resource for crock pot recipes)
Dinner 1: Crockpot Rotisserie Style Chicken
Dinner 2: Garlic Chicken
Dinner 3: Spaghetti .....again!
Dinner 4: Chicken Parmesan
Dinner 5: Chicken Rice Casserole

     I'm seriously considering getting a bunch of whole chickens and cutting them up myself to seperate the breasts, thighs, legs, etc. This would be more cost effective, but a lot more work.

     Go make these! Hershey's Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies. Are you still sitting there? I'm serious! Go make those cookies! They are SOOO good! I cooked mine for 8 minutes and they were perfect!

No comments: