Sunday, January 24, 2010

Skirt Inspiration


 I LOVE skirts! I wear them almost everyday! Especially during the spring/summer! Here are a few of my favorites that I would like to make at some point.


This skirt is so cute! It's a fairly plain a-line skirt, but the cargo pockets and the VERY cute godet in the back just make this skirt! The original pattern is here: http://www.hotpatterns.com/products/hp-1087-wong-singh-jones-kyoto-skir So cute! I'm going to add that to my list! It closes with a zipper AND an elastic waistband. I thought that was interesting.




Simplicity 4188
This is a cute skirt too! I love the really full versions. I'm more likely to make this skirt this spring since it is cheaper and I can get it locally. It takes either 3 1/4 or 3 3/4 yards of fabric, I can't tell on the digital copy.....too fuzzy. Mmmm....all those gores! That would be a design challenge, I haven't done any gores before, and the end product....oh la la!


This pattern is Butterick 6858. It's a vintage pattern that was made sometime during the 50's. I can't find the pattern; although I would definitely buy it in a heart beat! It comes with a pattern for a crinoline! I love the pattern illustration though. It's so dreamy. It is a full circle skirt. I hope to come up with a tutorial for a knee length circle skirt sometime VERY soon!

image from Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing
Gertie has a really cool blog! She is sewing through a vintage book. It's really cool! Anyways, she made this crazy awesome full gathered skirt. I really want to try it! The tutorial is here: Part 1 Part 2
And those shoes.....yummy!


image from Altered Cloth
This looks like a cute comfortable dress! It would be so simple to make too! It doesn't have any yardage requirements, so you would have to figure that out, but it should be pretty simple. The tutorial is here: Gathered Knit Skirt


So those are just a few things on my list! Hopefully I will have some finished skirts to show you eventually!

No comments: