Wednesday, August 25, 2010

More Pottery Pieces

     This is a spoon rest….that didn’t turn out how I wanted. The shape is pretty nice, but the coloring just didn’t turn out right. I glazed the bottom in emerade and the top in tobacco (maybe?).
     Anyways, the tobacco is a matte finish and it looked pretty bad. Uneven coverage and not smooth. So I glazed it again with another brown. It still didn’t look right, so I glazed it, yet again! This time with robin’s egg.
     I did an even coat of robin’s egg all over and then Mrs. Susie (our instructor) helped me to drizzle (I almost said to drool it over. :) heehee) the robin’s egg over the handle slightly. I think it turned out pretty good…acceptable at least. I’m not 100% happy with it, but at this point I’m just glad it’s done.
    I know not everybody likes the spoon rest. :P My mom politely informed me that it looked like a ladies’ butt.
This is a small jar with a lid. It is about 3”-4” tall. My sister and I both wear retainers and I wanted to make a cute jar to put them in while we are eating instead of a glass on top of the refrigerator. :P I think it looks pretty good. The colors are a little paler than I would have liked…I think I might re-glaze it next week.

No comments: