Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Colette Patterns - Chantilly - Take 4

WHEW! It's finished! Finally! It took long enough. Needless to didn't get done by the time I wanted to wear it (boo!!!!). It turned out pretty nice in the end. I'm not 100% happy with it, but I AM glad it's done! The fabric is cotton gauze that I discharged myself.

I learned some important things from this dress!!
  • DO A TISSUE FITTING!!!!!!! never again....I had a LOT of fitting issues with this pattern. If you are a C cup...then go for it! But if you are smaller than that, I recommend drafting this dress yourself.
  • I had major issues with the straps covering my bra straps. I ended up adding little strips of fabric with snaps to hold my bra farther in. 
  • I also need to start double checking the length of dresses as well. I find that they are usually too short. I ended up adding a band of fabric on to this dress to make it 5" longer. It's much more comfortable to wear that way. 
  • I think it would have looked a little bit better on my body style if I had lengthened the midriff band.
  • I am very happy with using cotton gauze! I will definitely try to use it in the future! It drapes so nice, but it definitely needs lined. I lined the top in this dress, but decided to skip the bottom lining since I knew that I have a half slip that I like that works just fine. 
To re-cap....I won't be using this pattern again. I was impressed with the quality, but it just had too many fitting issues for me. I WOULD like to make something fairly similar in the future though!

No comments: