Friday, January 7, 2011

Simplicity 2758

I had made a skirt several years ago that I just simply didn’t like. It didn’t fit quite right, didn’t fall to just the right length, stuff like that. So I decided to remake it! DSCF7085
     I decided on Simplicity 2758. I put on button tabs and the pleat in the front.
     It was fairly straightforward to make. Came together easily. However…it didn’t fit me. I would suggest taking a double look at the finished garment measurements and such. It ended up fitting my sister and looks good on her, so it was a happy ending after all! Still a little disappointing. DSCF7087
      This was the skirt I hemmed using the hem marker. I think it looks fantastic! The only thing I don’t like about this skirt is that the pleat may not be obvious enough. It looks like it’s a split skirt even though it’s not. Oh well. The blouses in that pattern are cute as well! And I might make one at some point.

No comments: