Saturday, July 31, 2010

Formal Banquet Dress - Inspiration

image from TimelessVixenVintage
 We have a formal banquet in my area every year in the spring. We have a big band and swing dance. It's very nice! Everybody wears a formal dress (or suit if you're a guy). Anyways, even though it's many many months away it's time to start thinking about what to wear. I found this beautiful polka dotted dress last year and thought it was amazing! It was listed for over $100, but it has sold now anyways. I was thinking about draping the pattern though...I wonder how hard it would be. It has a sweetheart neckline in the lining and the sheer top has a boat neckline (I think) that has two darts on each side. It also has a full gathered skirt. All-in-all it doesn't look too hard to draft. I'm mostly worried about the crinoline. It won't look right without one, but my luck with those has been less than spectacular. Perhaps I can buy one...or find a better pattern...

image from BellinaBridal
This dress is pretty as well. I like the bust gathering a lot. And the color is interesting. It seems to be a cream color with a sheer blue overlay. Very pretty.

No comments: