Sunday, July 4, 2010

Colette Patterns - Chantilly

 image from Colette Patterns

Aren't these versions of Colette Patterns Chantilly dress amazing? I like all of them! I ordered this pattern the other day, and hopefully it will get here Tuesday. I think the post office is closed Tuesday for the holiday....bummer....

 image from Colette Patterns

  image from Colette Patterns

image from TinyHappy

My cousin is getting married, and while I COULD just wear something I already have...what's the fun in that?! ;) So I'm thinking about heading out to Joanns today, I think they might be open...will have to call first. Oh! And I still have gift cards to there as well!
I am planning to make this out of some lightweight cotton. Either cotton lawn, cotton gauze, or a chiffon of some sort. Or maybe I will make one in each of these! heehee! Cotton gauze is on sale right now at Hancocks for $2/yd which is really good! However, it is just solid colors, and I was really wanting a pattern....covers flaws better. But I might get some anyways for a later dress since it is such a good price. When I was there I did have the lady cut some fabric for me and I was prepared to buy it, but I told her 4 1/2 yards and somehow she only cut 4 yards. Very frustrating!
I think this pattern will look great though. I like the design of it. I might have to size down the bodice some, since it is designed for a C-cup. :P But I think it will pretty easy to do with this style.

No comments: