Friday, July 4, 2008

Quilt Specs and Capes!

Alrighty, I forgot to mention that the quilt squares were 6" each, I think. I used A 1/4" seam allowance, but probably should have cut the squares 6-5/8" each and used a 5/8" seam allowance. I don't know how big that makes it, but Those squares were the perfect size to get the most out of each pair of jeans. And, if it looks wet or whiteish/dusty, that's because of the water from ironing or the baby powder.
And, I forgot to mention that I want to make a cape, or cloak, or whatever you want to call it to wear this winter. It must have a hood and it has to be long. Why you ask? Well, um, because! I need to find a pattern and figure out what fabric to use. I'm thinking for the color dark red (I'm not talking little red riding hood!), black, or brown. But anyways, I guess I need to finish some other projects first. ;)

No comments: