Thursday, March 4, 2010

Trash to Treasure

     I whipped this cute skirt out last night. I serged everything but the waistband, and that is only 'cause I can't do a flet serger seam (called a flat-felled seam maybe?). I finally got the serger to gather the way I want. It took a lot of fiddling around. I'm not completely happy with it, but it works. :D I can't wait until spring! It is a fun skirt to twirl in too!
    Now the reason it is trash to treasure is that this fabric was a sheet from Salvation Army (which, btw is a lot nicer than Goodwill). It only costs 3 bucks! Score! :D I'm wanting to make a circle skirt as well and a sheet would be perfect for that. It is plenty wide enough and cheap as well!
     Now I'm off to work on a crinoline some!

P.S. I was going for a 2:1 ratio on each layer, but that didn't work out real well. I couldn't get enough control on my gathers. So I just gathered it as much as possible.
P.P.S. My tension on my sewing machine is shot. Kinda upset about it. I've got it rigged up for right now, but still is very frustrating. I don't know if it can be fixed or not. We'll see.......It's just not holding tension at all.

No comments: