Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Finished Tatting Projects and a Quilt to Raffle off....eventually

I decided to just throw away that tatted heart that I had issues away. It just wasn't worth it to me. So instead, I made two more in that pattern and another in a different style. I also made a couple of butterflies. I bought two new shuttles. They are the ones without the bobbin, which I've decided I like quite well. The only issue that I have with them is that it's hard to connect picots. (which is pronounced peecoh and not picket! :)) I was having issues with the other one with my thread getting pulled between the bobbin and shuttle and getting dirty. It's pretty frustrating.
Mrs. Debbie and I decided to make a denim quilt to raffle off at the 4-H speech contest at the end of Jan. This is supposed to be for a club fundraiser. So far, I have put together the blocks, but she is going to quilt it. That is good because that is my least favorite part! It's going to be a twin size when we are done. It's taking up about half my bedroom right now. Each denim block is 6" with a strip of batik fabric on two sides. This makes it look like it has sashing. The batik is from a jelly roll. I still need to rearrange the blocks so that there is an even distribution of each pattern throughout the quilt. I needed 130 blocks. I thought I had enough, but when I got it all laid out, I was short 4. I found a strip of 4 that was half put together, so I need to put another strip of batik on it. I am SOOOO sick of sewing those blocks together.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Rachel, the tatting is beautiful!!. The squares look great, this is going to be so nice you are not going to want to part with it!!