Friday, February 25, 2011

Bedroom Makeover

When we moved into our house almost 3 years ago, I wanted to paint my room yellow. Unfortunately, I was talked into painting it some green color that I really don’t care for. As such, I have never bought matching bedding or really hung any pictures. But I am ready for a change! I am going to try to do this over the summer, so I am just in the planning stages at this point.

I am wanting to keep the decorating cost to $50 + whatever I can sell from my current décor (bedpreads, art, etc.). This is going to be the most challenging part about this project.

Here is what I am thinking for the paint color:

I am wanting a pinkish grayish tone. Something I can build on. I want it to be sophisticated, but able to work with a lot of different tones of pink too.

(although I really like the paint colors in almost all the pictures)

BMfondant_thumbFondant by Benjamin Moore (I would have it paint matched to a cheaper brand)3348926967_9733423bfb

This wall color is really nice too! I am not sure what it is though, some sort of really pale pink.  (I like the color in the picture with the daybed with the pink sheets as well)

Here is what I am thinking for bedding:41q3Tub05gL._AA400_This is gorgeous! But at $80, it is way out of my budget!B003IH2AAU.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS450_This is another nice option. Both of these are from Target.

IMG_4045_thumb

I have posted a tutorial for this in the past. I think it is from kojodesisgns. I saw the inspiration at Anthropologie yesterday and liked it a lot. The only thing I am worried about is the balled up parts being too hard.

comfoter

There is a tutorial for this Anthro inspired bedspread here. I like the ruffles on it. And it would be a lot softer than the other option. I could make this for cheap too from sheets on clearance. And that will keep the cost down as well! If I can make it as a button-on cover that will go over a down comforter I will be extra happy! That way I could wash it easily too!

Art inspiration:

I am not sure what I will do for art yet. I want to be able to put some bold pieces in there too, but keep it sophisticated as well.

1eb97c5271a6ad9ba294c2bcsarastory_thumb1

I will most likely be getting some crisp white furniture (I don’t have any right now). I also have a pink rug, and a bunch of frames that I need to use. I would also like to paint my sewing room, which is attached to my bedroom either a bright pink color or some other inspiring color. I also need to think about curtains for my windows and curtains to separate my sewing room from the rest of the room. I am excited!

(I am not sure where I got all these images, if they are your pictures and you want credit, just let me know and I will be glad to give it to you!!)

No comments: