Our piano bench was really bothering me. It was a ‘70’s blue floral fabric. Which didn’t fit with our décor at all! So I decided to recover it. I looked at this tutorial to get a starting place. I knew I wanted to tuft it, so I measured and drilled 2 holes in the wood so I could get a needle through it. Then I added some extra foam and some batting and stapled that down. I used 1/4” staples, but longer would have definitely been better! I had to cover with the fabric twice. As the first time I did not get it centered the first time. The tufting was a little difficult. I covered buttons and had to get a long needle. The hard part was finding the hole in the wood on the way back through. I used some upholstery thread I had and knotted it onto a button to keep it from coming through the hole.If I had to do it again I would make the holes probably 1/2” instead. I think it turned out really cute though and definitely spruces the entry up!