Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Centerpiece - 2010

Our Grandparents were coming in for the first Christmas in awhile and I wanted to do something special to decorate the table. I found a lot of inspiration around the web just by googling Christmas Centerpiece. DSCF7039

This is what we started with. My family and I went to Goodwill and the Goodwill Bargain Barn and picked up about $8 worth of decorations.

 

 

DSCF7040In Progress

 

 

 

 

DSCF7041Finished Project. I don’t like this picture, but it shows the different lamp shades.  DSCF7042DSCF7044

 

 

 

 

DSCF7051

Our Charlie Brown Tree. Smile

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All in all I think it was a smashing success! Everybody thought it was cute, and I was tickled with it.

Here’s a quick rundown of what I did:

  • Hang ornaments using clear thread
  • Switch out shades for a lighter color to lighten things up
  • Placed a couple of drops of Cinnamon Oil on 2 lightbulbs to make things smell good.
  • Piled ornaments in a hurricane-ish vase. (I got that for $1!!)
  • Made 3 white trees from cottonballs using this tutorial: A Fanciful Twist
  • Placed tea lights in canning jars floating in water. Made a really cute effect!
  • Clipped some evergreen from the yard to add some greenery.
  • Tried to keep things in groups of 3

No comments: