Our Grandparents were coming in for the first Christmas in awhile and I wanted to do something special to decorate the table. I found a lot of inspiration around the web just by googling Christmas Centerpiece.
This is what we started with. My family and I went to Goodwill and the Goodwill Bargain Barn and picked up about $8 worth of decorations.
Our Charlie Brown Tree.
All in all I think it was a smashing success! Everybody thought it was cute, and I was tickled with it.
Here’s a quick rundown of what I did:
- Hang ornaments using clear thread
- Switch out shades for a lighter color to lighten things up
- Placed a couple of drops of Cinnamon Oil on 2 lightbulbs to make things smell good.
- Piled ornaments in a hurricane-ish vase. (I got that for $1!!)
- Made 3 white trees from cottonballs using this tutorial: A Fanciful Twist
- Placed tea lights in canning jars floating in water. Made a really cute effect!
- Clipped some evergreen from the yard to add some greenery.
- Tried to keep things in groups of 3