Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Scrabble Necklace



     So I gave this to my grandma for Christmas....and I JUST now got it back to take a picture of it! :D I used the grandkids' initials and put them in birth order. I think it turned out pretty cute! I didn't think she liked it very much, but she wore it to church this Sunday! It looked really good with a black skirt and a white blouse.
     There are a lot of tutorials out there for Scrabble Tile Pendents. I googled it and looked at several different tutorials to see how different people did them. Anyways, I didn't want to ruin our scrabble set, so I ended up looking at Michaels and found some little blocks of wood that had letters in them and everything! I used Diamond Glaze, but I couldn't find it at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I ended up going to a scrapbook store for it. For the letters I downloaded a font that I liked and just sized it to the tiles. A tip for putting the Diamond Glaze on the tiles.....Don't get too much on there, you don't want run off; also, you can't hardly pop the bubbles, so just drag them off the side of the tile. I found the bails at Michaels, just glue those on with super glue.
     The pearls were an experience! I've never used head pins before. It really helps if you have the right tools!!!

No comments: