Thursday, May 6, 2010

1940's Vintage Vanity - Restored


     So I've had this vanity for almost a year now. I discovered it on one of my adventures in my Grandma's garage. Apparently it used to be my Mom's and Aunt's but it was too tall so my Grandma cut off the legs (ACK!!!). But, since my Grandma keeps everything....she still had the legs she cut off! Haha! So, I glued those back on and filled that in. and Then I painted the whole thing the same color as the trim. I think it looks pretty good if I do say so myself!
     I still need to get a chair for it, so I'm gonna look at Goodwill or Salvation Army for that. I also lined the drawers with some cute scrapbook paper! I think it adds a little bit of interest! :D
     So anyways, I painted the whole thing and then was browsing Craigslist for a bench and ran across an almost identical vanity! From the 1940's!!! So I gave my Grandma a quick call....and apparently it used to be my Great-Grandma's vanity! Which totally adds to the cool factor! :D haha!
    I'm happy with how it turned out. I can't wait to use it! I wasn't going to use the mirror at first, but I'm glad I did!!!

1 comment:

MyCrazyLife said...

I love it its really cool