Friday, August 13, 2010

Cute Formal Dress Inspiration!

image from fabulousmessvintage's etsy shop 
  
Isn't this dress cute!? I think I definition need a version of this! 

Some of the features I like about this dress are:
  • The sheer fabric. The chiffon is just lovely! The color is also nice and feminine as well. 
  • The midriff bow. Very cute. :)
  • The gathered bust...which seems to be a theme here lately.
  • The nice thick straps to hide bra straps. 
  • The soft skirt gathers. 
Things I don't like:
  • I don't really care for the super deep hem. I think I would like it better if it had a narrow hem.
  • The weird arm sleeve thing. It just doesn't do it for me. 
  • Length is just a little too short.
Considering the things that I don't like, this seems like an easy dress to make! Fairly simple in construction. The biggest issue would be lining it. 

No comments: